What To Eat To Lose Weight
Today’s post is from an email I recently sent a member.
Her question was, what does she eat if she wants to lose weight?
There are so many delicious and healthy meals to make, it really comes down to what you like.
- Google Search recipes using Chicken, Fish, or even Beef (as long as you buy lean cuts).
- Make sure you’re eating a good portion of veggies with every meal. Steamed veggies are really easy to make and taste 100% better than the frozen stuff. Again, Google how to steam veggies if you’re unsure, but it only takes a few minutes.
- Always drink a glass of water with your meal. And avoid drinks with calories–in other words, drink water. Soda is one of the biggest culprits of weight gain.
- Avoid “Diet” anything and anything with “Low-fat” on the label. Usually that means they used sugar instead, which is worse.
- Pick out 1 or 2 healthy breakfasts to start your day. Skipping breakfast often leads to overeating.
- Also, you can track your calories to learn what’s good to eat and what’s not by using MyFitnessPal, just don’t become obsessed with calorie counting. Use it for a week or two to see what effect the foods you’re eating is having, but then take a break from it. You’ll know enough to keep going on your own.
If you follow this advice, as well as make sure you’re working out regularly, you’ll see the weight start coming off pretty easily.
- To make all of this easier, it’s usually best to prepare 2 or 3 large meals each week and store them in the fridge or freezer to eat throughout the week.
- For easy recipes, Google Search Crock Pot recipes. Easy to make and hard to mess up.
So there’s the formula:
1. Have 1-2 healthy breakfast go-to recipes on hand.
2. Pre-make the rest of your meals for the week (unless you’ve got some go-to easy-to-make lunch or dinner recipes that you like).
3. Eat veggies with every meal.
4. Cut out calorie drinks and replace them with water.
5. Use MyFitnessPal to track your meals for a couple weeks to get a clear picture of how you’re doing–again, without obsessing over it.
Hope that helps.
See you in class! Keep up the good work.
You’ll hit your goals if you stay consistent. And working out will become fun and you’ll start to miss it once you get into a routine with it.
P.S. Here are some fun pics to get you through your Friday:
If you like these, be sure to add us on Facebook for more!